Nearly Great Software...

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Ezi Accounting, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

Nearly Great Software...

Postby jazzman » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:15 pm

Hello,

I've been trying out the test version 1.60.31 Ezi Accounting and despite it's many positive points have found it to contain too many small bugs (please enlighten me if i'm mistaken) to be able to use it effectively for my small business. As an example, in the "Purchase" window, double clicking in "suppliers details" CODE does nothing and the "Part Number" cannot be left blank as indicated, else "Quantity" and "Cost" always return to value of zero. And it took me hours of head scratching to figure out that stock that is marked as "Non Registered" for TAX clocks up 48.5% on transactions.

There are othere minor problems I've encountered setting up business accounts, and some of the reports leave me perplexed... but I think this has the potential to be a great piece of software, I may well use it for my personal accounts, and I eagerly await forthcoming versions.

Cheers,
Neil
jazzman
Standard

Postby sami » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:13 am

Hi Neil,

Welcome to the forum.

double clicking in "suppliers details" CODE does nothing

You are correct, this is an oversight on our part that is being fixed now.

the "Part Number" cannot be left blank as indicated, else "Quantity" and "Cost" always return to value of zero. And it took me hours of head scratching to figure out that stock that is marked as "Non Registered" for TAX clocks up 48.5% on transactions.

If you do leave the part number as blank, the system will assume that you want to enter notes (something most uses want to do at some point). To enter a non-stock items, use the STAR '*' character as the first (or only) character in the part number, the system will then know you are entereing a non stock item.
The tax issue can be modified by you, by going to MAINTENANCE > TAX FILE MAINTENANCE and changing the tax codes/rates to the ones you use.

If you do have any other queries / bug reports, please let us know and we will address those issues as we recieve them. Bugs usually get our highest priority and will normally be fixed within 24 hours (although if the bug is not a major issue, such as the one you reported above, then the fix will be with the next version up, otherwise, we will issue a new version next business day)
sami
Site Admin

Return to Ezi Accounting