Users - Staff

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

Users - Staff

Postby Rigwald » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:53 am

Hello,

We are evaluating RetailMan for use with our non-profit fundraising booth. We like most of what we have seen so far. We just figured out how to get the staff sales report to show the sales from an individual POS staff member. What caused us issues was:

1) We set up a fake staff member under payroll and saw it was assigned "1" in the staff list. Assuming this was the staff number, this number was typed when completing fake sales in the pos system.

2) When we went to run a staff sales report, we realized that the staff member wasn't available from the pull down list. We went into user maintenance and added the user there. When we returned to run the report, no sales were found. When we ran the report without selecting a user, then everything was listed under "Master User".

3) After about 1/2 of searching and trial-and-error, we discovered that there is absolutely no correlation between the staff number and the staff report. It is actually a USER NUMBER which is not listed when a user is created. You have to manually count down the list of users to find out which user the staff member is. Perhaps I am missing something, but this seems a bit odd. Is there a way to see a list of users and their numbers, so we don't have to simply count down the list to identify someone's user number? It would seem to be much more efficient to have a user/staff id number assigned in the ADD STAFF screen under payroll and even have that number be editable. It seems redundant to have to add a staff member then add them as a user separately.

Thanks!
Rigwald
Standard

Re: Users - Staff

Postby MaddMatt » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:14 pm

Just saw your post. I am using Rman for 4 stores and noticed the same thing. What I did to make it easier was to add employees in the payroll section and assign them the same number. Now I have a quick and easy way to find out who sold what and when!

Madd Matt
MaddMatt
Standard

Re: Users - Staff

Postby Rigwald » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:20 pm

Thanks for the advice. It makes sense as a work-around. :D

The need for a work-around seems odd, though.
Rigwald
Standard

Return to Retail-Man