Delivery notes

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

Delivery notes

Postby capcolliedog » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:33 pm

I have to admit, I'm completely baffled as to how to use Retail Man. I have invoiced a customer for the items they are taking from us but need to generate a delivery note to show what's in the box of items. Is that not standard practice across the world? But I can't find any way of doing it. I've searched on delivery note, shipping note, consignment note and other relevant key words. Most of the time the search just returns a message that the term is too common and has been omitted!!! There is no information I can find to help me in the manual. The only 'bodge' (UK word for not a proper job) I can think of is to just print the invoice twice and use one as a delivery note with the prices hidden with a marker pen. What am I missing here?
capcolliedog
Standard

Re: Delivery notes

Postby capcolliedog » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:48 pm

I should mention that I prepared a Consignment Note (which I thought might be the US name for a delivery note) for the product but two weird things. One, it deducts the products for a second time from our inventory and two, it prints the prices which is not a professional thing to do on a delivery note as that detail should remain hidden.
capcolliedog
Standard

Re: Delivery notes

Postby capcolliedog » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:38 pm

Have now found out part of the problem - I don't have the listed F6 option (Delivery).

invoice_buttons.jpg
invoice_buttons.jpg (17.61 KiB) Viewed 7100 times

This goes hand in hand with another problem I have - not being able to create new Payment Types because once again there isn't an option to create a new type! This existed once as I have set up four types so far. Any ideas why these features are now missing? Is the program somehow corrupted?
capcolliedog
Standard

Return to Retail-Man