changing to epson emulation with start receipt printer

Discussions about hardware for POS and Inventory systems. Bar-code readers, Pole Displays, Cash Drawers, Touch Screens.

Moderators: sami, graham

changing to epson emulation with start receipt printer

Postby changesjay » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:46 pm

We have a number of Dell T200 reciept printer, which we have been able to determine are actually Star Micronics TSP700 model printers that Dell simply puts their logo on. Our problem is that our POS software does not have an option for the star printer, in fact the sofware company recomends using an epson printer. I have checked the documentation and web-sites for both Dell, and Star, they do not publish a way to put the printer into epson emulation. Does anyone know if this can be done and if so, how?

thanks
changesjay
Standard

Re: changing to epson emulation with start receipt printer

Postby Jaeger » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:42 pm

changesjay wrote:We have a number of Dell T200 reciept printer, which we have been able to determine are actually Star Micronics TSP700 model printers that Dell simply puts their logo on. Our problem is that our POS software does not have an option for the star printer, in fact the sofware company recomends using an epson printer. I have checked the documentation and web-sites for both Dell, and Star, they do not publish a way to put the printer into epson emulation. Does anyone know if this can be done and if so, how?

thanks

Hi,
Have you tried downloading and running TSP800/TSP700 Configuration Utility.
I'll have a look at the manual but from initial reading it appears to emulate automatically. Try the Util and I'll get back to you.
Jaeger
Standard

Postby Jaeger » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:56 pm

OK,
See page 84 (Appendix B: Dip Switch Setting) and Page 85 of your user manual.

To change to ESC/POS Mode see DIP-SW 1

Dip-SW1 SW1 Default is ON (Star Mode) Change to OFF ESC/POS MODE.

Try that without changing any others and see how you go?
Jaeger
Standard

Return to POS Hardware