IBM Pole Display, will it work with Retail Man ?

Discussions about hardware for POS and Inventory systems. Bar-code readers, Pole Displays, Cash Drawers, Touch Screens.

Moderators: sami, graham

IBM Pole Display, will it work with Retail Man ?

Postby boytoys » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:32 am

What pole display do you use ?

I had purchased from ebay a long long time ago two IBM 4XXX pole display and had not used it ever...

I am trying to find out whether it can be used for Retail Man.

Is there a compatibility or standard ? The pole display that i had has a cable connector that looks like RJ45...type..(but not sure)

???? any guys have experience... :shock: :shock:
boytoys
Standard

Postby sami » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:34 pm

Retail Man does support Pole Display, you will need to create a printer driver for it, most pole displays use the serial port, some use the POS printer (need to know and use the pass through code for it to work with the POS printers). We have not tried to use the Pole Display with the POS printer interface, the one supported is the serial port ones, you will need to know two control codes for the display to work properly, HOME CODE which is normally C H R ( 11 ) and the Carriage Return Code which is C H R ( 13 ), these codes are entered in the MAINTENANCE - SYSTEM SETUP - HARDWARE section. You can read further about the setup in the user manual.
sami
Site Admin

Postby sami » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:42 pm

By the way, I have been trying to post the previous message since yeasterday but the c h r (11) and 13 somehow caused a problem with the forum and I just found out it was that text that was causing the problem, so anyone who wants to use the CHR must use spaces between the characters, otherwise, you will get an error message.
sami
Site Admin

Postby boytoys » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:19 pm

I have 2 IBM 4683 Pole Display, but i dont have the wire or the schematic to solder my own.. I will find out more and make this a project and share information as i go..

Tks
boytoys
Standard

Return to POS Hardware