Another Hardware Failure

Discussions about hardware for POS and Inventory systems. Bar-code readers, Pole Displays, Cash Drawers, Touch Screens.

Moderators: sami, graham

Another Hardware Failure

Postby amellors » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:08 pm

Our touchscreen POS has failed last week, so have replaced it with a ASUS eee top 2002 all in one touch screen pc. Works a treat and has got us back up and running in the shop. APART from the RECEIPT PRINTER, a serial (RS232) EPSON TM-T88ii.

Problem is I don't seem to be able to get it running as I can't find any drivers for Windows 7 (or Vista). Have found a serial to usb adapter so I am getting some garbage out but noting useful.

Any thoughtful suggestions before I have to invest £250 in a new usb printer???
amellors
Standard

Re: Another Hardware Failure

Postby graham » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:10 am

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the issue. Please try the advice in the document link below.

http://www.ezisolution.co.uk/Docs/POS_printer_setup.pdf

Graham Morris
Ezi Solution

amellors wrote:Our touchscreen POS has failed last week, so have replaced it with a ASUS eee top 2002 all in one touch screen pc. Works a treat and has got us back up and running in the shop. APART from the RECEIPT PRINTER, a serial (RS232) EPSON TM-T88ii.

Problem is I don't seem to be able to get it running as I can't find any drivers for Windows 7 (or Vista). Have found a serial to usb adapter so I am getting some garbage out but noting useful.

Any thoughtful suggestions before I have to invest £250 in a new usb printer???
graham
Site Admin

Postby amellors » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:22 pm

Had already tried that with no success was looking for any other options
amellors
Standard

Return to POS Hardware