Printer Set Up Error

Discussions about hardware for POS and Inventory systems. Bar-code readers, Pole Displays, Cash Drawers, Touch Screens.

Moderators: sami, graham

Printer Set Up Error

Postby DZS » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:54 pm

Hello All,
I am new to Retail Man software and I am upgrading from MYOB I have set up my docket printer but it is not printing correctly.

I have installed the printer via set up using Generic as Printer Driver/POS printer. The software and the printer are communicating however when the printer prints it is just a few lines of symbols, I have tried using the settings for other styles of POS printers but similiar problems occur.

I am using version 1.9 using a Posiflex PP7700 docket printer.

Can anybody help resolve this issue????

Many thanks
DZS
Standard

Re: Printer Set Up Error

Postby bussoft » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:26 pm

First thing I would look at is the cables. Try unplugging, then plugging back in the cables from the back of the computer and the back of the receipt printer. If that doesn't work, try swapping out with another printer cable.

The next thing I would look at is the baud rate settings of the printer. According to the printer manual (http://posiflex.com.ua/sites/posiflex/us_files/docs/UMPP7700.PDF), the default baud rate is 19200. You will need to check the printer port in Device Manager to see if the port is set up for 19200.

"Start” --> “Settings” --> “Control Panel” -->
“System” –> “Hardware” –“Device Manager” --> “COM & LPT”.
Click the right button of mouse at the COM port that the printer is attached and select Properties --> Port Settings.
bussoft
Standard

Return to POS Hardware