epos newbie

Discussions about hardware for POS and Inventory systems. Bar-code readers, Pole Displays, Cash Drawers, Touch Screens.

Moderators: sami, graham

epos newbie

Postby simon » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:21 pm

HI.

I just found the forum after trying the demo of retailman today. I have just setup my first small business from a small kiosk here in my hometown. I bought a used epos terminal off ebay, refurbished it and it is running winxp sp3. So i have bought a cash draw with a dk connector on the end and also an epson tm-h6000II. Today i got the printer software installed from the epson site using the advanced driver installer, i chose the reciept driver and it installed ok and set the baud rate etc. i did a test print and it was fine.

The issue is i connected the cash drawer to the epson using the dk port and then tried to "kick" the drawer but i got no joy. I have been told that i need to download the opos software for the printer for this to work. I have now found the opos.adk files on epson and will install those along with the esc/pos code for epson which i have been told is 27,112,0,32,32

at present the cash draw does not pop, im wondering , if i do a self test on the printer should the draw kick open at the end does the epson not do this.

What i am stuck on is if this opos.adk is the right files from epson and also the procedure of setting up retailman to use the 6000II to kick the drawer open.

thanks.
simon
Standard

Re: epos newbie

Postby simon » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:58 am

ok i got the code for the drawer, i enter this into the retailman software

Decimal ESC/POS code for Epson printers to Open Draw

27 112 0 32 32

yet nothing happens the drawer does not kick open.

I also downloaded the opos.adk files from epsons site and installed them but in retail man i only get the option for the reciept driver, it does not list the 6000II as a pos printer.

so if they are the right codes for the cash drawer ( i got them from the people who sold me the drawer) how would i make that work through retail man?

thanks.
simon
Standard

Return to POS Hardware