Having problem with bar code printing

Issues, questions, information about creating, printing and working with bar codes and bar code readers

Moderators: sami, graham

Having problem with bar code printing

Postby Aminu » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:25 pm

Hi everybody. Im having touble printing bar code labels. Im using Intermec Easy coder (PC4). The printer, in most cases, print blank labels and the stationery (32mm by 25mm) Im using seems not supported by RMAN. Should I change the printer? If I should change it recommend which one? Can RMAN accept the stationery Im using?
Aminu
Standard

Postby sami » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:21 am

RMAN was designed to use the standard laser printers to print barcodes. Using a dedicated barcode printers can be a little tricky and sometimes will not work because these printers require a specific control codes to print barcodes.

So if you need to print barcodes, your best bet is using a standard laser printer with the standard barcodes labels from Avery or similar stationary.
sami
Site Admin

Having problem with barcode printing (URGENT)

Postby Aminu » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:35 am

Sami, Please recommend the commonest and specific standard laser barcode printers for us. Thank you.
Aminu
Standard

Postby sami » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:38 pm

Any A4 or Letter Laser printer such as HP, Brother, Canon etc.
The new black only laser printers are very cheap now (less than US$100) and any of the above mentioned printers would do the job just fine.
sami
Site Admin

Postby POSSystems » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:27 am

Hi all,

Yes, I am also agree with sami any A4 Laser printer will work.
POSSystems
Standard

Return to Bar Codes