Coversion of Retailman POS Screen

Issues, questions, information about creating, printing and working with bar codes and bar code readers

Moderators: sami, graham

Coversion of Retailman POS Screen

Postby Charles Ombongi » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:38 am

I a bit stuck here guys, in Kenya we don't mostly use touch screens. I have V 1.80 retailman which I have been trying to convert the POS screen to look like for v 1.70 but with no success. Graham tells me to go to mantaince- user settings and the change the screen under sales, but i don't think it is working.

I want to eliminate the default menu options menu1....5 etc and the keyboard screen. I just want a simple POS screen just like for version 1.70. Where I can even view the subtotal, amount paid by customer and then change, that is what all my clients want, the one i am selling the license to

I also bught a long range posflex barcode scanner, do I need to program it before I use it or i can directly, plug it in and strart using it, seems it cant read barcodes from regrigerated items

Please help urgently

Charles
Charles Ombongi
Standard

Postby sami » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:40 am

The new pos screen works with keyboard, barcode scanner and touch screen.
However, we have had some feedback from some of our clients who have no use for the buttons, so we will be modifying the POS screen to enable the user to choose from either interface, the change will be out in 2-4 weeks time.

As for the barcode scanner, if has either a keyboard or USB interface, then you do not need to do anything, it should just work.

As for reading the refrigerated items, the user must wipe the barcode clean before the barcode scanner is able to read, some scanners are better than others under different working conditions. You also may try to change the reading distance and see if you get a better scan.
sami
Site Admin

Return to Bar Codes