Barcode labels

Issues, questions, information about creating, printing and working with bar codes and bar code readers

Moderators: sami, graham

Barcode labels

Postby Charles Ombongi » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:04 pm

Hi! guys

I am a reseller of RM POS in Kenya, and would want to thank you for the excellent product you have developed,I have been training my guys and now we are out on a serious marketing spree.

I have got two major issues, first I have not generated barcodes from RM before, I m automating a supermarket with so many items without barcodes. I want to create barcodes for this items but I have got no idea how to go about it

I have installed a laser jet printer with A4 Size paper stationary, how do I create stickers from this stationary or are there special labels for printing the barcodes, how do I position the barcodes on the labels?

Secondly I want my company details to appear on the retailman screen either as a reseller or distributor, since I want to get more customers through reference. How do I fix that

Just help me on the first issue just as you will help a total computer novice

Charles Ombongi
cskyo technologies
Charles Ombongi

Postby sami » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:29 pm

The barcode generation is very simple, you can do it in many ways, if you want to generate barcodes for the entire stock, just to to STOCK > STOCK LABELS REPORT and follow the prompts.

If you want to generate specic items, go to Invoice, enter the items in there with their qty, then click on the Print labels at the bottom of the screen and follow the prompts. The printed labels will contain the part numbers as barcodes.

There are special labels for barcodes, check if you have Avery Labels (or similar product) in your country.

As for customizing the program to show your details, you will have to contact us privately on
Site Admin

Postby articulan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:09 pm

The only thing I would add is don't forget the barcode font.

You need to copy Barc128c.ttf to Fonts in the Control Panel

Postby BAO » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:01 pm

Hi Sami!
I need your expertise, I would like to have a bin location number printed on my barcode. it help me find things quicker without always going to Pc

Thanks in advance!

Postby abdman » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:36 pm

STOCK > ADD / MODIFY STOCKS > (select the item ) and you will see BIN LOCATION entry

Postby gooner » Wed May 19, 2010 3:18 pm

Great bit of info on manufacturing and printing barcode labels. I found it very informative. Please keep up the good work!

Re: Barcode labels

Postby MaddMatt » Tue May 10, 2011 2:42 am

I found another way to enter inventory and print labels very easily.

Background: The store that I am using RMAN for has over 10,000 SKU's and I have to manually input approximately 6,000 items. I tried to do it via stock qty adjustments and it worked ok except I couldn't print out labels at the same time. That meant I would've had to enter all the items twice: one for inventory and a second time for the label. I was not looking forward to that at all.

After a little searching, I found I could add inventory via the Purchase Order screen and also print labels at the same time saving me half the time! I am not sure what that does to the accounting end of things but the time savings is incredible.

Is there another way to do this that is fast and easy and won't mess up the accounting?

Re: Barcode labels

Postby sami » Mon May 16, 2011 2:05 am

The purchase order will not affect either you stock or your accounts.
Either way, you do not have to save the transaction before printing the labels, so you can discard it after printing the labels you want.
Site Admin

Return to Bar Codes