barcode reading

Issues, questions, information about creating, printing and working with bar codes and bar code readers

Moderators: sami, graham

barcode reading

Postby magid » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:12 am

i use retail man pos ver 1.8, when i add stock with barcode begin with scanner (metrologic voyger) 2 like(2305102000889), i enter all information and save it in add/edit stocksuccessfully, but when i use POS sreen and scan it ,the program didn't recognise it, when i search by item detail and perss enter it didn't enter item in POS invoce.only the prblem in this barcode type.
magid
Standard

Postby sami » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:44 am

Hi,

The barcodes and part numbers starting with 2 (and length of 13) are used for the barcodes issued by scales, so RMAN will convert that barcode in to a part number that is a part of this barcode.

If you have issued these barcodes yourself, you will need to re-issue them with a new barcodes not starting with 2, otherwise, let us know if these barcodes came as is from the suppliers and we will try to work something out for you.
sami
Site Admin

barcode reading

Postby magid » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:55 am

Hi
these barcodes (22 items)are came from the suppliers like that and these items sold frequency, so please give me a help
magid
Standard

Postby sami » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:47 pm

You can download the beta version of the program from www.ezisolution.com/Downloads/rm18073/rm_1_80.exe

The way to upgrade is as follows:

1 - Close all instances of the program
2 - Make a full folder backup (this is just in case something going wrong)
3 - download the setup program
4 - Run the setup program
5 - Once done, start one instance of the program and wait for it to update the files.
6 - DO NOT RESTORE the old data, the new setup will keep all the data in there
You may like to reindex the files and check if all is OK, you can now start using the new version.

This upgrade will fix the problem with your barcodes.
sami
Site Admin

Return to Bar Codes