Client Barcodes

Issues, questions, information about creating, printing and working with bar codes and bar code readers

Moderators: sami, graham

Client Barcodes

Postby mindbodyspirit » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:48 pm

Hi,

I am in the mist of trying to develop a system that would entail a client having a reward/loyalty card and when they come in they would show us the card and we would scan it to bring up their details in the pos. Is this type of thing available with retail man and how would I go about configuring this to work?

Thanks for your time it is greatly appreciated.

Julie
mindbodyspirit
Standard

Postby sami » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:12 am

Hi Julie,

Yes, Retail Man does have the ability to print the customer code as a barcode along with the customer details. It alos has the ability to give points as sales are done.
The customer code printed as barcode can be scanned in the POS module.
sami
Site Admin

Postby mindbodyspirit » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:25 am

Sorry it seems a bit vague my question...

what I would like to do and I see the loyalty program in retail man is

I would like a client to walk in and show their card with their purchase and then what happens is we scan that card, and that brings up the clients details and then we are able to scan the items they wish to purchase and then end the sale...

What happens then is those items go into the program and are calculated and when they reach that point we can then issue them with a store credit..

what I would like to do though is print a seperate store credit letter...(if so is their somewhere where I can see all the clients and their current standings?

again is all this possible and is it better to do it in the pos system or in the invoice system where they just pay the invoice on the day...

Thanks again for your help...

Julie
mindbodyspirit
Standard

Postby sami » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:18 pm

Placing the cursor in the client field and scanning or entering the client code will recall that client, you can scan the items you need to sell the client.

the points will accumilate as you sell in the POS module (not the invoice, but we are changing that as well) provided you asked the system to add points to the client as you sell.

We need to add the report to show all the outstanding client points, there is currently a report to show the points transactions for a certain period.

The system will automatically produce a store credit voucher as the client reaches the preset points.
sami
Site Admin

Re: Client Barcodes

Postby JeremyW » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:01 pm

Are the client bar codes pre-printed on customer loyalty cards? Would you then scan the code and enter the clients' info for the first time and after that, you can simply scan the card? I know I've seen plastic cards with pre-printed bar codes and paper cards that are printed out while the client waits.

Jeremy - Comparing human resource management solutions.
Last edited by JeremyW on Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeremyW
Standard

Re: Client Barcodes

Postby sami » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:15 am

Both can be used.
If you use the pre-printed barcodes, then you just use the barcode value as the client code, and scanning the barcode will be like entering the customer code by hand.
sami
Site Admin

Return to Bar Codes